950 sq. ft. | 2 Bedroom | 2 Bath | Occupancy 6
Keep an eye out for all activity on the water—fishing boats, kayakers, outrigger teams practicing, pods of spinner dolphins and, in the winter, Humpback whales.
- Full Kitchen with ocean view
- Walk-out lanai
- Ocean View
- Oceanfront Resort
- Air Conditioning — Optional Main Floor Only
- Kitchen - Full
- Laundry - In Unit
- Pool - Shared
- Parking - Free
- Golfing Nearby
- Surfing - Nearby
- Tennis Courts (4)
- Snorkeling - 1 Min Walk
- Restaurant - 1 Min Walk
- Beach - 1 Min Walk
- King Bed
- Twin/Single Bed (2)
- Sofa Bed — Queen
- Internet - Wireless [Free]
- Free Long Distance
- Keep an eye out for all activity on the water—fishing boats, kayakers, outrigger teams practicing, pods of spinner dolphins and, in the winter, Humpback whales.
- Look out over the grassy lawn that previews the tropical shrubbery where your own path to the beach (with orange hibiscus flowers on each side) is only a few steps away. The beach is an oasis to put on reef walker shoes and explore the home of Hawaiian sea turtles or to spread out beach chairs or mats and share some first-class beach time with those you love. All sorts of tropical birds are attracted to the lush tropical growth in our location and will often wait for a treat just off the lanai.
- Enjoy your oceanfront location with seating for four at a large dining table with glass top in the shade of your covered lanai with overhead ceiling fan. Stretch out on the lounge if you are trying to add to that summer tan. Have a morning cup of Kona coffee with your breakfast that can be handed via a pass through window from the kitchen or in the evening; have a BBQ or your own prepared gourmet dinner with an incredible sunset for your backdrop. There is no better location in any restaurant in Kona.
As you enter Townhome 2 you will find your keys for daily use on the dolphin rack. The amazing view of the ocean and waves are immediately ahead!
- Upon entering the front door to Townhome 2, you will find your keys on the dolphin rack for your daily use. Just beyond is a teak entry table with artwork and beyond the living room. A custom-made sectional sofa with wicker base wraps around two walls one a mirrored wall that reflects the lanai, tropical growth and ocean just beyond. A woven high back chair is adjacent to the sofa with small table. A 32" TV with cable, DVD and VCR are available for your viewing pleasure as well as a modem and router for your free Internet connections. You'll have a phone and answering machine for your use with free local phone calls for the Big Island. A six foot slider leads you to the lanai with table and chairs, while the dining area with seating for four and kitchen are adjacent.
- You have several dining options for townhouse 2 at the Keauhou Kona Surf and Racquet Club. You can enjoy seating for four at the table in the dining area adjacent to the living room or meals with seating for four at the dining table on the lanai . Both locations have ceiling fans.
- The kitchen comes complete with Corian counters and cabinets with brass turtle knobs.a large refrigerator with ice maker/water in the door, ceramic stovetop and oven and microwave. The kitchen is fully equipped with coffee maker, coffee grinder, toaster, blender, rice cooker, crock pot and waffle maker. There are lots of tropical dishes, glasses, mugs, plastic ware, serving platters, cookware and bakeware. A full set of cookware is also available for your use. Open the freezer and find frozen mugs awaiting your favorite beverage! You'll also find the washer/dryer conveniently located here conveniently.
- A carpeted stairway with railing leads you to the two upstairs bedrooms and master bathroom with no one overhead. You only hear the waves!
- Sleep to the sound of the waves on your comfortable Indonesian scrolled Teak king-size bed set in the master bedroom. The ceiling fan as well as ocean breezes through the floor to ceiling louvered windows will keep you comfortable in even the Summer weather You'll have lots of space for your things in the 9 drawer matching teak dresser and two drawer side table. Also included is a large closet that contains a safe and library of books. Enjoy the TV/DVD for your use as well as a convenient phone. You'll also have a full closet and alarm clock/cassette player. Hawaiian artwork with scenes of the island, hula dancers, and a Hawaiian girl decorate the walls, while beautiful 18 inch porcelain tile sets off the whole interior with area rug.
The upstairs master bathroom has the same porcelain tiled floor/wall and tiled counters. There is a toilet, bath with hand held shower head and sink with cabinets. The artwork, tile and decor reflect the view you have out the window to the ocean--tropical fish and Hawaiian wahines. You'll find a wall-mounted hair dryer provided for your convenience.
- Unique teak sleigh twin beds adorn the second bedroom complete with beautiful garden view. Another couple or your children will enjoy having a TV/DVD for their viewing. Plentiful and relaxing artwork, reflective of Hawaiian heritage, decorates the walls, and beautiful 18 inch porcelain tile sets off the whole interior. Plentiful drawer space is available along with a large closet with vacuum cleaner.
- On the entry ground level is the all tiled second bathroom with cabinets, toilet and shower with garden view. You will also find the artwork of a Big Island artist. There is a wall-mounted hair dryer added for your convenience.
- Located on its own idyllic palm-fringed cove that you imagine in your dreams, beachfront Townhouse # 2 at the Keauhou Kona Surf and Racquet Club is one of less than a dozen beachfront condos available in the entire Kailua-Kona area. Only five townhomes at Keauhou Kona Surf and Racquet Club are "on the beach" and ours has its own pathway for your ease of access.
- We are adjacent to one of the best snorkeling beaches in the islands, Kahalu'u Beach Park which if you are energetic is only a walk down our beach and across Keauhou Beach Hotel grounds to reach a day of fun. Easier and quicker is to grab your gear and maybe some drinks and snacks and take your car to Kahalu'u. You can be swimming among multi-colored fish in just a few minutes. Green Sea Turtles even make a habit of munching on the rocks in the cove right in front of your condo just steps from your entry...bring your camera. If you have or buy an underwater camera it will come in handy also!
- Just up the hill is a large shopping center complete with grocery store, Long's Drugs, bank, and many shops as well as restaurants ranging from pizza and burgers to sushi or Thai.
- Kona town is only about a 10 minute drive down Alii Drive adjacent to the ocean. It offers many more shops and good restaurants as well as its renowned pier that is the scene for the Ironman Triathlon as well as Marlin fishing tournaments.
Reviewed by Harry & Jackie
Stayed Oct 20-28,2013. Great townhouse, great location, great owners. All you need is there. Spent every night on Lanai enjoying sunsets and Hawaii weather. Minor issue with a/C was handled swiftly. Owners condo on Maui is also superb. Planning that for 2014. Harry & Jackie Huntington Beach, Ca
Reviewed by paradise found
Couldn't fault anything all lovely views from main bedroom just lovely a bit loud from the ocean but after the first night you adjust. Saw a turtle right out front enjoyed eating on the lanai and admiring the lovely birds and flowers. Very close walk to shops and fantastic snorkelling beach.
Reviewed by PSG
Lyn did an outstanding job with her incredible attention to detail which made it easy for us to find the condo at night. Everything was immaculately organized and clean. We were so pleased with our stay. The bed was very comfortable!! We had an amazing time staying here and will definitely stay here again in the future!! Mahalo!!!
Reviewed by Puanani
We have stayed in several condos on the water's edge but this one is the best yet. The others have short windows in the master bdrm that you cannot see out of. This condo has taller windows with an incredible view of the bay. So wonderful to wake up and nap to. Also, the furnishings were nicer than most. The living room sofa affords good comfort and with a big pull-out bed was roomy for our teenage son. We will ask for #2 in future.
Reviewed by Stefani
We had a lovely time here. From the moment we walked in we were hooked! There were chocolate covered macadamia nuts on the table to start our lovely trip. The townhouse was very clean and fully equipped from kitchen equipment, to towels, to beach gear, to extra linens, even coolers for those long trips! My children loved that "their room" was equipped with a fan and their own beds and tv. They also loved that the geckos liked to hang out on the window at night to catch those pesky critters. Every morning we ate breakfast on the shaded lanai and just watched the waves crash in and th...
Reviewed by Babs
Beautiful view, well kept townhome. Really loved sitting on the lanai (patio) in the evening relaxing to the ocean waves. Enjoyed walking on the tidepool rocks enjoying the wildlife. Old Hawaiian king Heiau (temple) platform right next door. Everything is well kept and clean and comfy in this townhome. A winner!
Reviewed by Christine
Overall we were very satisfied with our stay at Townhome 2. Lynn was great at communicating with us and wanting to ensure we had a nice stay. It is a nice unit although not our usual tastes in terms of furniture and decor it fit well with the setting. Details and instructions provided for finding the resort and checking in we're excellent along with info on using the appliances in unit. Lots of amenities provided - all cooking utensils, bathing and beach supplies etc (the spice rack could use an update though, with some garlic, lemon, steak spice etc :) We enjoyed using the lanai and seein...
Reviewed by Rhonda
The sunsets from the lanai were gorgeous and the gecko's were entertained us every night. Views, views and more views. From the kitchen, living room and upstairs bedroom and bathroom. The condo was clean,quite and very private. The furniture was tasteful and with a classic Hawaiian influence. Chairs, coolers, towels all provided for your outings. We loved the location and enjoyed the Kona Coast and all it had to offer. Restaurants close by (walking distance) and just 5 miles away from Kona itself. Snorkeling a 10 minute walk or a quick drive. The pool was nice(and big) for a quick ...
Reviewed by Kellie
You are literally right on the water, hearing and seeing the waves so close was wonderful, the townhouse was equipped with everything you could possibly need, very clean, spacious, in a beautiful quiet location and a great location to visit everything easily. It was great to have direct access to the beach and with calm conditions you can snorkel within steps of your accommodation. It was everything we hoped for and more.
Reviewed by Surf and sun
Our stay at unit 2 was wonderful. Ocean breezes and the sound of surf right out the door helped to make our stay a magic one. The unit was clean and well stocked. Beach towels and gear were available and in constant use. We didn't use the air conditioning once as every room has at least one fan. We were located close to the shopping center right up the hill and the snorkel and surfing beach 5 minutes up the road. Thumbs up from the five of us!
Reviewed by Tom
We've stayed at the Keauhou Kona Surf and Racquet Club before and can say for certain that this is the best unit in the entire complex. For starters, walk out the back door and you're on the beach! There's a small path that leads to a real sand beach--which is different from almost all of the other units in this complex because they have views but no real beach access. The unit has modern appliances and is nicely furnished. It includes everything you'll need during your stay--when we were there there was shampoo, conditioner, soap,sun-block, bug repellant, hair dryers, iron and ironing ...
Reviewed by Yelena B
We loved this place. The ocean was right outside our back door, with a dramatic view of surf crashing against a lava-rock coast. The grounds were beautiful and beautifully maintained. The townhome itself was furnished in a simple, beautiful and coordinated style, not at all pretentiously. All appliances and plumbing worked. The pool was clean and the atmosphere friendly. One of the reasons that we stayed here was that it is close to a public beach known for good snorkeling. We were not disappointed there, either. We snorkeled with a sea turtle our first day, much to our kid's delight. Later...
Reviewed by Burning Rio
For a first-time visitor to the Big Island, there could have been nothing sweeter, conveniently located, immaculate, comfortable and priced just right. Experienced visitors will also find this condo on the beach, beautiful and a joy to use as your Hawai'i "base camp". One note for those who may have trouble sleeping: the primary bedroom faces to the beach and the sound of the surf (while soothing for this reviewer) may at times be intense. In summary, from beginning to end, this was a exceptional experience. We'll be back!
Reviewed by anonymous
A nice condo close to the ocean. This is an older property and it's showing its age in terms of appointments, decor, etc. It would be much more comfortable with furniture that fits - it's a bit claustrophobic with large, dark wood furniture. The owners have it well-supplied with staples, cleaning supplies, tennis rackets, beach stuff, etc. The notebook is very informative. The pool was nice, but be prepared to watch mice (!) come to drink from the pool. Lots of bugs around - we had a few large "roommates" during our visit when lights came on upstairs at night.
Reviewed by doc
The townhome is at an excellent location. Very clean, organized and well stocked. Next time though if I visit Hawaii in June would like airconditioning on the upper floor as well since it does get warm upstairs even with the exhaust and open windows. We did end up using the sofa bed downstairs rather than the both rooms upstairs as it was cooler. Would like to mention that the tel no for the local contact in Kona needs updating as I tried to call with one provided only to realize it had changed. Having mentioned that I would like to say we still all in all did enjoy our stay at your place, ...
Reviewed by Shannon Spence
Great condo right on the edge of the world! This condo is not for nervous lovers because the arms of the sea are going to wrap themselves all around you and hold you tight all night! Wake to the sound of the ocean just beyond your bedroom window, rub the sleep of the best night's rest in your life from your eyes, and look outside to see the beauty of palm trees and the Pacific Ocean spread out before you like the most beautiful painting in the world. Unit 2 affords wonderful accommodations at very reasonable rates with everything you need to make your trip to Hawaii memorable, affordabl...
Reviewed by R.Wilson
Very clean,organized townhome. Includes anything you might need on a fabulous Hawaiian Holiday. The view from the master bedroom is beyond your wildest dream. The sounds of the surf and morning birds ease you to the fine Kona coffee each morning.
Reviewed by Linda
It's beautiful and peaceful. The town house faces the ocean and you hear the waves as you doze off to sleep. You wake up to a beautiful view each morning. It's close to Fair Winds and only a mile from the beach. Sunsets are beautiful and Kona is a sleepy little town with fun shops and excellent food.
Reviewed by Mary
The townhouse was perfect for all 5 of us. Everything was very clean and well labeled. The kitchen had every utensil one could imagine and plenty of spices for cooking Waimea steaks. The beds were very comfortable and we slept well every night. Don't pass this vacation jewel up - you will never find a better home away from home near all the fun things to do.
Reviewed by The Dehazes, Oregon
We made sure we were home everynight to watch the sunset from our patio. It was private and a spectaular view! After getting up from a comfortable sleep (listening to the waves crash through our bedroom window) we had a fun filled day snorkeling (using the equipment provided), sightseeing or shopping but mainly relaxing. Thank you so much for all the extras. We had a wonderful time and would reccomend this condo to anyone who is considering it.
Reviewed by Jeff and Leslie
This townhome was perfect for our stay with children. Check-in was simple and it was easy to find, even at night. The location was great, and you are truly right on the ocean like the pictures show. We did not need the a/C as the ocean breeze was enough. The view is amazing from the main bedroom and hearing the waves and seeing the ocean when you wake up was a highlight of our trip. There were a lot of amenities as listed on the website and the kitchen was stocked with everything we needed and more. It was very convenient having coolers, beach towels and beach toys available for use. ...
Reviewed by Linda M
We had a wonderful time, The townhouse was beautifully decorated and very convenient to the Hawaiian sanctuary, snorkeling and Kailua-Kona, but out of the hustle and bustle.. The ocean was just beyond our patio and we saw sea turtles, paddlers and fishing boats while we walked on the beach. The staff were very nice and helpful. We will definitely go again.
Reviewed by Ma Load Ha
Pro: Excellent location, quiet, clean and just enough room for four adults. Friendly and helpful neighbors. Con: AC only adequate for lower level not bedrooms and it leaked on floor if on for more than an hour. Don't purchase this option. Hidden surprise- before you leave you have to wash all the bedding and towels or face $25 a load charge and the washer is a compact apartment size. It is impossible to leave only two loads because the king size bed alone is two loads. So expect to spend the end of your hard earned and paid for vacation doing chores.
Reviewed by Kyle F
The minute we stepped in the door of Townhome 2, we knew we'd picked the right place. Stayed for 5 nights, and they were over way too fast. Loved the lanai (amazing sunsets!) and the path leading down the salt and pepper beach. The container full of beach equipment was so convenient (we had a blast using the snorkels provided to see all sorts of colorful fish at Kahaluu Beach Park). I'd definitely stay here again...I'm getting a little "homesick" for the place as I'm writing this review! Mahalo.
Reviewed by RW from Minnesota
The Townhome was everything we expected. Since it was our first time in Hawaii we were excited to stay close / right on the ocean. We could hear the waves as they rolled in. To our surprise we saw whales right there in front of our Townhome. The neighbors were friendly as well as helpful. I found out that a whale breached some 20+ times right out in front of the Townhome. Prior to visiting I really appreciated the quick and complete response I received when I asked questions. We snorkeled for the first time at a nearby beach. When snorkeling we used the body-boards provided. They rea...
Reviewed by mtd
We had a wonderful stay. The condo was very nice. The location was great, far enough from town, but not too far, and close to shopping. The people at the complex were very nice and friendly. Being close to the beach was nice, my husband went fishing a lot and we saw some turtles the day before we left. The condo had everything we needed and was very comfortable. I would love to go back again some day.
Reviewed by Nic
We loved staying at the Kona Surf and Raquet Club TH 2 during the Ironman. It was so nice to fall asleep listening to the crashing waves directly beneath our window. Our 2 boys (4 and 2) loved the tidepools in front, snorkeling a short walk away, and spotting geckos while dining on the lanai. The TH is nicely furnished with everything you need for your stay thoughtfully provided (beachgear too).
Reviewed by Eddy
The condo was as pictured with the best aspect being the waves just outside the Master Bedroom window. We even had a turtle in the surf on a couple of occasions. Stayed with two teenagers and we all had a great time. Many activities in the area with the public beach a short walk down the street. (no access along the shore) Snorkel or learn to surf there with most other activities a short drive away. The condo was well maintained and I would recommend the air conditioner in late July for those of us from cooler climates. All-in-All: Well Pleased
Reviewed by Annette Mc
Our condo was the "operational headquarters" for our daughter's wedding there in the Big Island. There were 6 of us staying there. We found the space well laid out, comfortable beds, well-stocked dishes & kitchen items, and just a lot of thought put into everything in general. Even the fold-out sofa was comfortable. (We slept well!) The decor was breezy-island, and the view out on the lanai was wonderfully relaxing with the ocean so close. The little black-sand beach (less than 100 yards away) made for wonderful exploration among the tide pools. Great place.
Reviewed by Karen Silberman
The townhouse (#2) was terrific and the grounds are wonderful. One of the extras in townhouse #2 is that there is the availability of air conditioning if it is needed. We didn't need it but it's one of the few oceanfront townhouses that have AC. The decor is very nice and the place is immaculate and maintained beautifully. Linens and kitchen furnishings are plentiful. The location of the unit within the complex assures that it is very quite. We particularly enjoyed being able to be right on the ocean and feel the breezes, hear the waves at night and sit on the patio for breakfast. Th...
Reviewed by JLJackman
Nice condo, clean and no bugs. Great location for families - almost wasted for a couple! We did not understand there was Air Conditioning available. If it had been summer we would have wanted it!! We loved the location and the condo. The bedding was a bit tired and wished we had brought our own pillows. This is a small issue in the scheme of things. Nicely kept up and great amenities. Thanks!
Reviewed by Maya/NYC
This was our first stay on the Kona Coast. The home was very warm and inviting. I felt like I was staying at a friend's house. My wife and loved all the personal touches. We spent long leisurly breakfasts sitting on the patio looking at the ocean which was only steps away. I especially liked the pass-through window from the kitchen to the patio. Also I loved the coffee grinder so I could enjoy all the locally grown coffees. The location was great as we walked to a great snorkeling beach everyday. The shopping center nearby was very handy too. Overall the whole experience was gre...
Reviewed by mirrorgrinder
Despite having grown up on Oahu, I had not been to Kona in over 30 years. I took my Kamaaina parents, brother and husband to the Big Island for a family vacation. The condo was nothing short of perfect. It had plenty of room and was equipped with everything we could need. In all my years in HI, I had never stayed where you could hear the surf out your window, nor seen the whales froliking from the lanai. I hope to return someday soon. I could not imagine anyone being disappointed with this place!
Reviewed by Michael Wong
The place was exactly and even better than what was advertised on the website. I was thoroughly impressed with the location and amenities at the unit. Overall the best feature for this unit is it's closeness to the water. The sliding door in the backyard which faces the water was no more than 40 feet from where the surf breaks. I will definately book again here! Mike
Reviewed by Pufahl
This townhoue and complex are ideally located in a quite area that is close to shopping, golf and nearby towns. This is right on the ocean. If you like hearing a loud surf when you sleep, this is the place for you. Superb place to spend an evening on the back patio and lawn. Its very peaceful. The townhouse itself is very well equipped. Full kitchen, living room, TV, wireless, 2 nice bathrooms. 6 people could stay here comfortably although we had only 4. I will stay here again next time I visit Kona.
Reviewed by Alex Conti
First of all, let me start by saying what a terrific vacation our entire stay in the Hawaiian Islands ended up being. We started in Kauai (7 days)and finished up in Maui for 4 days. Between those two Island adventures we stayed on the Big Island at the Keauhou Kona Surf and Racquet Club. The stay couldn't have been more enjoyable. The renter was the most accommodating person you could have hoped for and the condo was not only affordable but it was so close to the ocean you could kick a stone to it. (Which is a lot closer than one could ever throw a stone.) The Town House was comfortable and...
Reviewed by wendyincolorado
This property is Hawaii's best kept secret. The unit is beautiful and comfortable, providing all the vacation essentials. The owners are fabulous- very friendly and generous. I love the sound of the surf crashing as I laid in the king-size bed in the master bedroom. can't wait to go back!
Reviewed by Hans
Close to everything, except the beach and above all -it hardly ever rains during the rainy season.
Reviewed by joanne z
This is an very clean townhome with a great, unobstructed ocean view from the lanai. The owners provided all the conveniences, including their recommendations for local vendors, which worked out very well for us. The location of the unit was perfect with a large expanse of beach to roam right out the back door. We'd go back there in a heartbeat!
Reviewed by SSSteve
I did a lot of research on Hawaii rentals, and found the rates and accomodations for the Aloha Condos rentals to be very competitive. This was a lovely property. The only minor complaint I initially had was that the property was not air conditioned - but being right on the ocean - and having nice attic fan ventilation - this really wasn't a problem. I found the property to be nicely decorated and very comfortable. The views of the ocean are stunning. Leaving was a heartbreaker. Note that while the property is right on the ocean - it isn't so much "beach front", as this is a fairly rocky c...
Reviewed by bddowell
My granddaughter, husband and I finished our Hawaiian vacation at this townhome in Kailua-kona. The home, although one of the older units, was very clean, nicely decorated and peaceful. The view from our bedroom was wonderful and we fell asleep each evening to the sound of the waves. It is close to some of the nicest beaches and the best snorkling I've seen on any of the islands. If we needed a change of scenery, (who would?), day trips to Volcano and Hilo are an adventure worth taking. The neighbors are friendly and very helpful and the outdoor market just a few minutes away was a tre...
Reviewed by frank
Townhouse #2 is a two-bedroom town house which the owners have made very welcoming to guests. In addition to the expected boogie boards and beach towels, there were tennis rackets and balls to use on the (free) tennis courts at the resort. The kitchen is well-stocked with pots and pans, cooking implements, and seasonings and spices. The location is perfect, right on the shore, with the waves lapping outside the windows every night. Meals on the lanai were special. We recommend this unit very highly.
Reviewed by Michelle
This is the perfect vacation spot for a couple or family. We loved the location. It is on the dry side of the island where you can watch the sunset. In the morning the tidepools are amazing. There are great swimming/snorkleing beeches nearby. The condo has many extras furnished, like a cooler for picnics, tennis equipment, beach equipment and towels, movie library and local books/info. I wish we would have stayed longer on the big island. There is so much to do and we did not get enough time to just relax and enjoy the condo.