950 sq. ft. | 2 Bedroom | 2 Bath | Sleeps 6
Keep an eye out for all activity on the water—fishing boats, kayakers, outrigger teams practicing, pods of spinner dolphins and, in the winter, Humpback whales.
- Full Kitchen with ocean view
- Walk-out lanai
- Ocean View
- Oceanfront Resort
- Air Conditioning — Optional Main Floor Only
- Kitchen - Full
- Laundry - In Unit
- Pool - Shared
- Parking - Free
- Golfing Nearby
- Surfing - Nearby
- Tennis Courts (4)
- Snorkeling - 1 Min Walk
- Restaurant - 1 Min Walk
- Beach - 1 Min Walk
- King Bed
- Twin/Single Bed (2)
- Sofa Bed — Queen
- Internet - Wireless [Free]
- Keep an eye out for all activity on the water—fishing boats, kayakers, outrigger teams practicing, pods of spinner dolphins and, in the winter, Humpback whales.
- Look out over the grassy lawn that previews the tropical shrubbery where your own path to the beach (with orange hibiscus flowers on each side) is only a few steps away. The beach is an oasis to put on reef walker shoes and explore the home of Hawaiian sea turtles or to spread out beach chairs or mats and share some first-class beach time with those you love. All sorts of tropical birds are attracted to the lush tropical growth in our location and will often wait for a treat just off the lanai.
- Enjoy your oceanfront location with seating for four at a large dining table with glass top in the shade of your covered lanai with overhead ceiling fan. Stretch out on the lounge if you are trying to add to that summer tan. Have a morning cup of Kona coffee with your breakfast that can be handed via a pass through window from the kitchen or in the evening; have a BBQ or your own prepared gourmet dinner with an incredible sunset for your backdrop. There is no better location in any restaurant in Kona.
- Upon entering the front door to Townhome 2, you will find your keys on the dolphin rack for your daily use. Just beyond is a teak entry table with artwork and beyond the living room. A custom-made sectional sofa with wicker base wraps around two walls one a mirrored wall that reflects the lanai, tropical growth and ocean just beyond. A woven high back chair is adjacent to the sofa with small table. A 32" TV with cable, DVD and VCR are available for your viewing pleasure as well as a modem and router for your free Internet connections. You'll have a phone and answering machine for your use with free local phone calls for the Big Island. A six foot slider leads you to the lanai with table and chairs, while the dining area with seating for four and kitchen are adjacent.
- You have several dining options for townhouse 2 at the Keauhou Kona Surf and Racquet Club. You can enjoy seating for four at the table in the dining area adjacent to the living room or meals with seating for four at the dining table on the lanai . Both locations have ceiling fans.
- The kitchen comes complete with Corian counters and cabinets with brass turtle knobs.a large refrigerator with ice maker/water in the door, ceramic stovetop and oven and microwave. The kitchen is fully equipped with coffee maker, coffee grinder, toaster, blender, rice cooker, crock pot and waffle maker. There are lots of tropical dishes, glasses, mugs, plastic ware, serving platters, cookware and bakeware. A full set of cookware is also available for your use. Open the freezer and find frozen mugs awaiting your favorite beverage! You'll also find the washer/dryer conveniently located here conveniently.
- A carpeted stairway with railing leads you to the two upstairs bedrooms and master bathroom with no one overhead. You only hear the waves!
- Sleep to the sound of the waves on your comfortable Indonesian scrolled Teak king-size bed set in the master bedroom. The ceiling fan as well as ocean breezes through the floor to ceiling louvered windows will keep you comfortable in even the Summer weather You'll have lots of space for your things in the 9 drawer matching teak dresser and two drawer side table. Also included is a large closet that contains a safe and library of books. Enjoy the TV/DVD for your use as well as a convenient phone. You'll also have a full closet and alarm clock/cassette player. Hawaiian artwork with scenes of the island, hula dancers, and a Hawaiian girl decorate the walls, while beautiful 18 inch porcelain tile sets off the whole interior with area rug.
- Unique teak sleigh twin beds adorn the second bedroom complete with beautiful garden view. Another couple or your children will enjoy having a TV/DVD for their viewing. Plentiful and relaxing artwork, reflective of Hawaiian heritage, decorates the walls, and beautiful 18 inch porcelain tile sets off the whole interior. Plentiful drawer space is available along with a large closet with vacuum cleaner.
- On the entry ground level is the all tiled second bathroom with cabinets, toilet and shower with garden view. You will also find the artwork of a Big Island artist. There is a wall-mounted hair dryer added for your convenience.
- Located on its own idyllic palm-fringed cove that you imagine in your dreams, beachfront Townhouse # 2 at the Keauhou Kona Surf and Racquet Club is one of less than a dozen beachfront condos available in the entire Kailua-Kona area. Only five townhomes at Keauhou Kona Surf and Racquet Club are "on the beach" and ours has its own pathway for your ease of access.
- We are adjacent to one of the best snorkeling beaches in the islands, Kahalu'u Beach Park which if you are energetic is only a walk down our beach and across Keauhou Beach Hotel grounds to reach a day of fun. Easier and quicker is to grab your gear and maybe some drinks and snacks and take your car to Kahalu'u. You can be swimming among multi-colored fish in just a few minutes. Green Sea Turtles even make a habit of munching on the rocks in the cove right in front of your condo just steps from your entry...bring your camera. If you have or buy an underwater camera it will come in handy also!
- Just up the hill is a large shopping center complete with grocery store, Long's Drugs, bank, and many shops as well as restaurants ranging from pizza and burgers to sushi or Thai.
- Kona town is only about a 10 minute drive down Alii Drive adjacent to the ocean. It offers many more shops and good restaurants as well as its renowned pier that is the scene for the Ironman Triathlon as well as Marlin fishing tournaments.
Reviewed by Carly & John
First off, we had a great experience with the owner before we even arrived as we had booked our vacation for different dates and had to change it due to a medical emergency. Lyn was extremely understanding of this, and since I probably shouldn't share the financial details, I'll just say we thought the owner went above and beyond what we had hoped or expected to accommodate our last-minute changes, and we were so grateful. The rental was pretty nice. Even though we were in a busy area, once you drove into this little gated community, it was very quiet and private. It was nice to have a designated parking spot close to our townhome, and we loved that we could just drive up and get right into our place- no dealing with check-in procedures. We immediately checked out all the rooms and were pleased with all the space we had. The view from the master bedroom was spectacular- we were definitely on the ocean! We loved hearing the waves crashing below while we slept, and the louvered windows kept a steady breeze going through the upstairs. We used the air exchanger at night and did not regret having opted out of the AC for our stay. I will say something smelled a little funky (maybe a little like feet?) in our master, but we never could pinpoint exactly what it was. It wasn't terribly bothersome. I can't say the decor was our style- it seemed a little more geared toward older couples- but it was comfortable. The place was very well-equipped, and we especially appreciated the beach chairs and towels that were available. On our last afternoon there, we grabbed those and hiked over to the little black sand beach next door to watch the sunset. Not a soul was there for most of the couple hours we relaxed in our chairs, and it felt like we had our own little slice of paradise to ourselves! Even though it's not a swimming beach, it was a perfect peaceful spot to catch a gorgeous sunset. It was one of the highlights of our vacation. Plus we spotted a manta ray swimming in the shallow rocky area directly in front of us, and that was neat. The area had a lot of shopping and activities close by- we did a snorkel cruise through Fair Wind one morning, and it took a whole maybe 4 minutes to get to the bay where they departed from. We also ate at Rays on the Bay (cool restaurant, make reservations though) one night at the Sheraton, which is basically next door, and got phenomenal massages at the spa there as well. To get to some of the good shops and restaurants further north in Kona, expect a little driving time because that area is so congested with traffic, both foot and car. We liked walking around at the Kona Inn Shopping Village and found some good souvenirs there. The only con about this place was that the list of things to do at checkout expected more out of us than any other rental we have ever stayed at. It wasn't terribly hard to do them, but it was a little off-putting. I really don't think I should have to worry about laundry when we only stayed 2 nights and tried to be conservative, and we are paying a cleaning fee anyway, but I had to wash our beach towels because I figured those would have put us over our 2-load maximum with that tiny washer and dryer. That rule should be revised to be more accommodating to guests. That aside, the overall experience there was great and since the owners were so good to us, we would definitely stay again and recommend to others!
Reviewed by William
If you like to fall to sleep to the pounding surf, this is the place for you. Condo is right on the ocean and the waves crash only about 20 yards from the master bedroom window. We had a group of 6 which was a bit tight, but it worked fine for us. Two folks (both college aged kids) shared a pull-out bed in the living room. Two twin bids in the second bedroom, and a single large bed in the master. The complex is very pretty, and the condo is in nice shape. They had all the dishes and supplies that we needed. Like a lot of places in Hawaii, there are some ants, but they aren't a problem if you just keep your food sealed up (in the fridge is even better). The condo is a few miles south of Kailua-Kona town, which we think is a perfect location. About 2 minutes from the port where most of the Snorkel companies leave from.