950 sq. ft. | 2 Bedroom | 2 Bath | Occupancy 6
Keep an eye out for all activity on the water—fishing boats, kayakers, outrigger teams practicing, pods of spinner dolphins and, in the winter, Humpback whales.
- Full Kitchen with ocean view
- Walk-out lanai
- Ocean View
- Oceanfront Resort
- Air Conditioning — Optional Main Floor Only
- Kitchen - Full
- Laundry - In Unit
- Pool - Shared
- Parking - Free
- Golfing Nearby
- Surfing - Nearby
- Tennis Courts (4)
- Snorkeling - 1 Min Walk
- Restaurant - 1 Min Walk
- Beach - 1 Min Walk
- King Bed
- Twin/Single Bed (2)
- Sofa Bed — Queen
- Internet - Wireless [Free]
- Free Long Distance
- Keep an eye out for all activity on the water—fishing boats, kayakers, outrigger teams practicing, pods of spinner dolphins and, in the winter, Humpback whales.
- Look out over the grassy lawn that previews the tropical shrubbery where your own path to the beach (with orange hibiscus flowers on each side) is only a few steps away. The beach is an oasis to put on reef walker shoes and explore the home of Hawaiian sea turtles or to spread out beach chairs or mats and share some first-class beach time with those you love. All sorts of tropical birds are attracted to the lush tropical growth in our location and will often wait for a treat just off the lanai.
- Enjoy your oceanfront location with seating for four at a large dining table with glass top in the shade of your covered lanai with overhead ceiling fan. Stretch out on the lounge if you are trying to add to that summer tan. Have a morning cup of Kona coffee with your breakfast that can be handed via a pass through window from the kitchen or in the evening; have a BBQ or your own prepared gourmet dinner with an incredible sunset for your backdrop. There is no better location in any restaurant in Kona.
- Upon entering the front door to Townhome 2, you will find your keys on the dolphin rack for your daily use. Just beyond is a teak entry table with artwork and beyond the living room. A custom-made sectional sofa with wicker base wraps around two walls one a mirrored wall that reflects the lanai, tropical growth and ocean just beyond. A woven high back chair is adjacent to the sofa with small table. A 32" TV with cable, DVD and VCR are available for your viewing pleasure as well as a modem and router for your free Internet connections. You'll have a phone and answering machine for your use with free local phone calls for the Big Island. A six foot slider leads you to the lanai with table and chairs, while the dining area with seating for four and kitchen are adjacent.
- You have several dining options for townhouse 2 at the Keauhou Kona Surf and Racquet Club. You can enjoy seating for four at the table in the dining area adjacent to the living room or meals with seating for four at the dining table on the lanai . Both locations have ceiling fans.
- The kitchen comes complete with Corian counters and cabinets with brass turtle knobs.a large refrigerator with ice maker/water in the door, ceramic stovetop and oven and microwave. The kitchen is fully equipped with coffee maker, coffee grinder, toaster, blender, rice cooker, crock pot and waffle maker. There are lots of tropical dishes, glasses, mugs, plastic ware, serving platters, cookware and bakeware. A full set of cookware is also available for your use. Open the freezer and find frozen mugs awaiting your favorite beverage! You'll also find the washer/dryer conveniently located here conveniently.
- A carpeted stairway with railing leads you to the two upstairs bedrooms and master bathroom with no one overhead. You only hear the waves!
- Sleep to the sound of the waves on your comfortable Indonesian scrolled Teak king-size bed set in the master bedroom. The ceiling fan as well as ocean breezes through the floor to ceiling louvered windows will keep you comfortable in even the Summer weather You'll have lots of space for your things in the 9 drawer matching teak dresser and two drawer side table. Also included is a large closet that contains a safe and library of books. Enjoy the TV/DVD for your use as well as a convenient phone. You'll also have a full closet and alarm clock/cassette player. Hawaiian artwork with scenes of the island, hula dancers, and a Hawaiian girl decorate the walls, while beautiful 18 inch porcelain tile sets off the whole interior with area rug.
- Unique teak sleigh twin beds adorn the second bedroom complete with beautiful garden view. Another couple or your children will enjoy having a TV/DVD for their viewing. Plentiful and relaxing artwork, reflective of Hawaiian heritage, decorates the walls, and beautiful 18 inch porcelain tile sets off the whole interior. Plentiful drawer space is available along with a large closet with vacuum cleaner.
- On the entry ground level is the all tiled second bathroom with cabinets, toilet and shower with garden view. You will also find the artwork of a Big Island artist. There is a wall-mounted hair dryer added for your convenience.
- Located on its own idyllic palm-fringed cove that you imagine in your dreams, beachfront Townhouse # 2 at the Keauhou Kona Surf and Racquet Club is one of less than a dozen beachfront condos available in the entire Kailua-Kona area. Only five townhomes at Keauhou Kona Surf and Racquet Club are "on the beach" and ours has its own pathway for your ease of access.
- We are adjacent to one of the best snorkeling beaches in the islands, Kahalu'u Beach Park which if you are energetic is only a walk down our beach and across Keauhou Beach Hotel grounds to reach a day of fun. Easier and quicker is to grab your gear and maybe some drinks and snacks and take your car to Kahalu'u. You can be swimming among multi-colored fish in just a few minutes. Green Sea Turtles even make a habit of munching on the rocks in the cove right in front of your condo just steps from your entry...bring your camera. If you have or buy an underwater camera it will come in handy also!
- Just up the hill is a large shopping center complete with grocery store, Long's Drugs, bank, and many shops as well as restaurants ranging from pizza and burgers to sushi or Thai.
- Kona town is only about a 10 minute drive down Alii Drive adjacent to the ocean. It offers many more shops and good restaurants as well as its renowned pier that is the scene for the Ironman Triathlon as well as Marlin fishing tournaments.
Sweet Sixteen Birthday Trip
Reviewed by Carolyn
Lyn, Thank you so much for allowing us to stay in your Hawaiian home. We had a fabulous time with our family. The waves crashing at night right outside our bedroom window was so relaxing to go to sleep each night. Everything we needed to go to the beach, picnic & cook was right at our fingertips. It was nice to come home every evening instead of a hotel room. You have made your townhouse feel like a warm & comfortable home. Your housekeeper, Tess, is a gem. She was very welcoming & knowledgeable. Thank you again & when we return to Hawaii, we will definitely stay here again. Mahalo
Reviewed by blong526
This is a great place to stay. Fantastic location on the beach! We also love the location as it is away from the hustle and bustle of the main part of Kona. The A/C on the main floor was greatly appreciated because it was SO hot!! Kitchen was very well appointed and the place was clean. Also appreciated the beach chairs that were available. The grounds are gorgeous and the tennis courts are excellent. Only negative is that there was a persistent unpleasant odour in the master bedroom. We could not figure out where it came from as that was the only room where it was, but it was quite unpleasant - even with the windows open and the fans running. Other than that, we loved everything!!
I'm so glad you enjoyed our wonderful location and the amenities we provide for our guests from beach equipment to many kitchen extras. I do so wish, however, that you had contacted our on-island person or me as soon as you detected the strange odor so it could have been handled right away. We always give immediate attention to any issues and wish we had had the chance rather than read about it in a review later on. I have not had anyone else comment on any odors so perhaps it was temporary and unfortunately just when you were there. I'm happy you enjoyed yourselves and loved it all!
Reviewed by Carolyn H
This unit is wonderful. Everything you need for the beach, picnics, & cooking is at your fingertips. Very clean & inviting. You really feel like you are at home. The resort is very nice also. Close to Kona & many restaurants & shopping. Very quiet & relaxing resort. We will definitely stay here when we return to Hawaii. Mahalo